There are countless lists of things you should do to accomplish a particular objective. It’s just as important to avoid the things that will derail your efforts. There are many aspects of everyday life that make it more challenging to be healthy, wealthy, and wise. Avoid these items whenever possible.
Make life easier by avoiding those things that make it harder:
1. Processed food. There are plenty of things to eat that occur naturally. Fruits, vegetables, beans, rice, quinoa, nuts, and berries to name a few examples. The number of health challenges caused by an unhealthy diet is staggering.
2. Debt. Debt is bad on multiple levels. It’s not only bad for your bank account, but it’s also bad for your mental health. Debt creates financial challenges which lead to stress. Avoid debt if you want to be wealthy and happy.
* If you’re currently in debt, make a plan to pay it off. It’s worth making a few sacrifices to speed up the process.
3. Sitting. Those that spend too much time sitting are at a much higher risk for a wide range of health issues. Try to spend more time standing than sitting each day. There are desks designed to be used while standing. At the very least, get up and walk around for a few minutes each hour.
4. Sleep deprivation. It’s bad for your health, your mood, and your productivity. Arrange your life so you can get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. A short nap never hurt anyone, either.
* Strive to get to bed at the same time each night. Your boss already decides when you have to get up.
5. Obesity. The average person eats too much processed food, sits around most of the day and evening, and fails to get enough sleep. This leads to obesity, type-2 diabetes, heart disease, and a host of other health issues. Stay slim and trim.
6. Anger. It’s not just anger. Any negative emotion can create issues. Anger, hate, fear, resentment, and sadness are hard on the human body over a long period of time. They’re not good for your sense of well-being either.
7. A lack of direction. Know what you want. Know what’s important to you. Have goals. Choose a course for your life. Where will you end up without a direction and purpose?
8. Wasting time. Most of life in the U.S. is a trap that saps your happiness and success. There are countless ways to waste time that accomplish nothing. TV, internet, fast food, video games, bars, and texting are just a few examples. Imagine what you could accomplish if you stopped wasting your time and used it wisely.
9. Failing to learn something new. There’s never been more information available, and most of it is free. Keep your mind active by learning something new each day. You’ll also increase your knowledge which can be applied in multiple areas of your life.
10. Repeating mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, but most people make the same mistakes repeatedly. Be determined to never repeat a mistake. You went through the pain of making the mistake. Learn from it and avoid it in the future. Life will be easy.
Life is challenging enough without making it harder than it has to be. Avoid those things that make life more difficult. Eat well, avoid debt, use your time wisely, and avoid repeating mistakes. If you could just do those four things, would your life be easier? Those four things provide an excellent foundation to becoming healthy, wealthy, and wise.