If you could work out while at work, would you? If your answer is yes, then you should definitely consider getting a treadmill desk. A treadmill desk is a workstation where you can work out on a treadmill as you work. Naturally, you won’t be working out heavily, but the benefits of using a treadmill desk are well worth the investment.
Among those benefits are:
* You no longer need to rush home after work to get in some exercise for the day. You can exercise while typing up documents, answering emails, and looking at invoices, which means you can exercise at a slow pace for several hours in a workday, if not all day!
* Research has shown that exercising throughout the day is better for your health than sitting all day and exercising just for an hour in the day. You can exercise the right way using a treadmill desk.
* As opposed to just sitting down, having a treadmill desk will do wonders to your fitness and general strength. Your muscles will get stronger, and over time you may find that you no longer experience shortness of breath when you go up stairs or walk for prolonged periods of time.
* Better fitness also means that you will be less likely to develop certain diseases later on, such as heart disease, strokes, embolisms, diabetes, and so on. You will also strengthen your immune system in general, which could mean fewer sick days in the year.
* If you are on a diet, using a treadmill desk will allow you to be slight less rigid with how much you are allowed to eat. You’d be burning quite an amount of calories in a day, which means you can eat more calories than if you were just sitting at your desk at work.
* Being on the move all day will also help you stay alert at work, preventing those afternoon crashes and accidental naps on your keyboard. This will increase your productivity at work.
As you can see, the advantages you can reap from switching to a treadmill desk at work are not just one or two; there are many!
If your company has a person who is in charge of ergonomics, you can talk to them for suggestions on how to make the switch. If there isn’t such a person, you can always go to a dealer who sells such treadmill desks, and ask them for recommendations. A note though: be sure to check first that you have the space for a treadmill desk in your workspace, and also find out whether the administration of your company allows you to use one.