You’ve finally had enough. You want to make some major changes. You might even think you want to change everything in your life. There are many ways to go about this. You can make smaller changes to multiple parts of your life or you can make just one or two huge changes.
If you’re thinking, “I’ll just make several huge changes,” consider making changes one at a time and see how that goes.
You might find that you need to change less than you think to be happier and more excited about your life. Regardless of the extent of changes you wish, you can change your life, starting today!
1. Health. If you have current health issues that can be corrected or minimized, this can make a huge difference in your life. Losing weight, eliminating your need for certain medications, or finally fixing that trick knee of yours can have far-reaching effects.
- Deal with your major aches, pains, and anything else that is limiting your life in any way.
- Simple dietary changes can affect your weight, health, and mood.
2. Career. Whether you need an entirely new career or just a new employer, there’s no time like the present to make a change. You spend a lot of time at your job, so this change can have a big impact on your life. What would you rather do? Do you need to go back to school? Make a plan.
3. Home. Do you live in the city? Maybe it’s time to move to the suburbs or the country. Maybe you don’t enjoy having a yard and moving to a condo sounds right up your alley. You can even pack your bags and move to a new city, state, or country. Where would you like to live?
4. Social network. Maybe you’ve always dreamed of joining a motorcycle club and hanging out with a bunch of tough guys. Maybe you admire artists and other creative types. Figure out where your type of people congregates and make contact.
5. Life philosophy. Perhaps you want to live a more minimal existence and study Yoga in depth. Are you a fan of Stoicism and want to live your life by that philosophy? Changing how you view life and the world is the biggest change you can make. Everything is affected.
6. Change your relationship status. You can get married or divorced. Both of these changes are more than a little significant. Think carefully before making one of these changes.
7. Get more sleep. If you’re not sleeping enough, more sleep can make all the difference.
8. Change the little things. Look at each room in your house. Look at each component of your life. Now ask yourself, “What can I improve?” And then do it.
- It might be cleaning up the trash you’ve been storing behind your computer monitor for the last month, fixing the leaking faucet, or fixing the rattle on your car.
- Make 100 of these little changes and your life will be different. This is easy enough to do that anyone can do it. The momentum and sense of accomplishment you create are amazing.
There are many ways you can renovate your life. While it’s tempting to make huge changes when you’re unhappy, sometimes several smaller changes can be just as effective and less stressful.
Changing to a healthier diet, finding a new job locally, and making a couple of new friends can alter your life radically without the need for shaving your head and moving to Tibet.