Everyone needs a nutritious diet filled with vitamins and minerals. However, you can use the secrets from top experts to strengthen your health with additional foods and supplements.
Your diet affects your mental health, too, and has a strong impact on depression.
Try these diet adjustments to feel better both mentally and physically:
1. Get more vitamin E. This vitamin can help lift your mood and has other benefits such as helping to keep your skin healthy. You can find vitamin E in multiple food sources and supplements. It’s easy to add to your diet by simply eating more nuts.
* Seeds, nuts, oils and other items have vitamin E. You can help fight your depression by adding them to every meal.
2. Get more vitamin C. Vitamin C has antioxidant properties and naturally improves your mood.
* Vitamin C is available in supplement form, but it’s also easy to find in food and beverages. Citrus fruits and drinks are a popular source of this vitamin. You can also find vitamin C in broccoli, potatoes, peppers, and kiwi.
3. Increase your selenium. Selenium is an important nutrient that can be found in food and supplements. It affects your mood and mind. This mineral has an impact on depression, so it’s important to get enough of it in your diet.
* You can find selenium in beans, lean meat, nuts, seeds, grains, and seafood.
* It’s easy to add more peanuts or legumes to your meals. You can also try to add more clams, sardines, or crab.
* Dairy products that are low-fat are also a popular source of this mineral.
4. Watch your protein. Researchers have found that tryptophan, commonly associated with turkeys, can make you sleepy and happy. It increases the serotonin levels in your brain and decreases the risk of depression.
* Turkey is an easy way to get more tryptophan and add more protein to your diet. However, other sources of meat also have tryptophan, so you don’t have to be bored with turkey. Try lean cuts of chicken for another source.
5. Consider the Mediterranean diet. The Mediterranean diet has multiple benefits for heart health and other parts of your body. This diet can also affect your mind and decrease depression.
* The Mediterranean diet focuses on fish, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and healthy grains.
* It allows low-fat dairy and other products. You can eat a variety of fruits and vegetables on this diet.
* The Mediterranean diet allows healthy fats and oils, so you can season your salad without feeling deprived. You can also eat different herbs and spices that add richness to your food.
* Mainly, this diet limits red meat and sugar.
6. Nutrients and your diet. Your depression may improve with a diet that is complete and nutritious. Ensure your diet includes all of the essential vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients.
* A diet that has variety will keep you from getting bored. Boredom can have a negative impact on depression, so it’s important to keep your diet interesting.
* Experiment with new vegetables, fruits, spices, and herbs to keep the diet lively. Try new recipes and turn your kitchen into a tasting center.
Your diet has a great impact on your mental health. Follow these nutrient tips and you’ll notice a positive difference in your health and your life!