Is your workout a pain? There are many things involved in your exercise sessions – besides the exercises themselves – that can cause issues that contribute to unpleasant workouts. And when your workouts are uncomfortable, it’s harder to motivate yourself to exercise.
You’ll be pleased to discover some simple changes that can make a big difference! Adjusting elements such as your sneakers or clothes can make exercise a less challenging experience.
Try these unusual tips to make your workouts easier:
1. Wear comfortable and new sneakers. You may think you’re being frugal by wearing old sneakers, but you’re increasing the risk of injuries and actually making it more difficult to work out. If you’re struggling to keep your old shoes from falling apart, you’re not getting the full benefit of the exercises. Make your workouts easier and faster with the right shoes.
* It’s important to find sneakers that fit you and are comfortable. Try a store that offers free consultations, so you can get the right pair for your lifestyle. In addition, different workouts require different shoe styles. For example, you need sneakers with extra support for running and different soles for mountain climbing.
* It’s not just the shoes that matter. Your laces should also be new and strong.
2. Handle your hair before you start working out. It’s easier to exercise if you’re not worried about your hair. Short or long, hair can act as a distraction while you try to exercise. This is why it’s important to find a comfortable style that works for you while working out.
* Did you know that wearing your long hair down can put your life at risk during some gym activities? It can also make your workouts more difficult. If you have long hair, pull it back into a ponytail or bun. This keeps it out of your face and makes it less likely that it will get stuck in an exercise machine.
3. Avoid baggy clothes. You don’t have to select revealing outfits, but fitness experts recommend that you opt for fitted clothes while exercising. Baggy clothes that are too big can be a hindrance to safe, effective, and comfortable workouts. Although they may seem more convenient, they can get in your way and become caught in the machines.
* Baggy clothes can also make it more difficult to exercise if you’re working on specific muscle groups. It’s easier to pay attention to your movements and avoid mistakes if you wear fitted clothes.
4. Try moisture-wicking fabric. Moisture-wicking fabric quickly absorbs moisture, so you stay cool, dry, and comfortable. Used for tops, pants, and other exercise clothes, this fabric can help you focus on your exercises instead of your clothes.
5. Add more chocolate to your diet. It can benefit you to eat dark chocolate or drink chocolate milk before and after workouts. Researchers have found that the ingredients in chocolate can strengthen your endurance.
* A study, titled “Epicatechin Enhances Fatigue Resistance and Oxidative Capacity in Mouse Muscle,” showed that dark chocolate can help workouts. Epicatechin is a flavonol, or compound, found in cocoa. Researchers believe epicatechin is responsible for promoting muscle growth.
* Chocolate with higher cocoa content will have more flavonols. This means you can eat less of it and get the same results.
Get the benefits of exercise with workouts you can enjoy. Try these simple adjustments and make your workouts easier.