Work days can seem long and tiring, and everyone needs a little pick-me-up once in every few hours. Sure, you may eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner according to schedule, but sometimes in between energy levels can crash and leave you wanting to go to dreamland. This is where snacks can come in very handy.
However, a majority of people tend to make the mistake of opting for sugary snacks like doughnuts, bread, pastries, and sugar-laden coffee to increase their energy levels. These types of snacks may pick you up for a while, but eventually your energy levels will crash even lower than before.
So instead, why not opt for these healthy snacks?
* Apple slice and peanut butter: Low in calories and all-natural, this snack will please your sweet tooth while giving you some good nutrition as well. Just be sure to use natural peanut butter with no added sugars.
* Mixed nuts: Nuts contain healthy fats, some carbs, good amounts of proteins, and several vitamins that will keep your energy levels up without resulting in a crash later on. You can keep a jar containing different types of nuts mixed together (cashew nuts, almonds, pecans, and so on) on your desk. Don’t eat too much at one go though; nuts still contain a high amount of calories.
* Vegetables: Of course, you probably know about this healthy snack idea already. You can bring carrot sticks, radish sticks, or cherry tomatoes to work to snack on when you feel a little famished. These snacks are low in calories and high in fiber.
* Fresh fruits: The next best snack to vegetables is naturally fruits, since fruits are high in fiber, taste pleasant, and have a high water and vitamin content as well. You can bring some apples, oranges, grapes, or other such small fruits to work to eat when you need a boost.
* Yogurt: Yogurt is a refreshing and healthy snack to have, as long as you stick with the sugar-free varieties. If you want more oomph, add in some oats, fruits, or flax seeds into your yogurt for a more balanced snack.
These are just some of the many different healthy snacks you can indulge in to give you some extra energy when you are feeling low at work. There are many others you can try; just experiment and see which natural, unprocessed foods taste good to you and make you feel energized at the same time.