You might be stuck at home, but home isn’t such a bad place to be. There are plenty of interesting, enjoyable, and worthwhile things you can do from the comfort of your home. Imagine being stuck at home in the 80’s or 90’s. There are so many things available today that didn’t exist then. It could be worse!
Use this time to your advantage. You might not have another opportunity like this again. Make it count!
1. Fly a drone remotely. Did you know that you can pilot a drone in a different part of the world from your computer or TV? It’s true. There are companies that will allow you to explore a wide variety of places without having to leave your home.
- Have you ever wanted to see Hawaii or the Himalayas but lacked the time or money? Now you can see them from the viewpoint of a drone.
2. Learn a new language. There are numerous language programs available online to learn a new language. Some are free, some are not. Some will pair you with a native speaker that wants to learn your native language. You can learn from each other and make a new friend, too!
3. Learn to play an instrument. You may have plenty of free time while you have to stay at home. Now is your big opportunity to finally learn how to play the banjo, harmonica, piano, or whatever strikes your fancy.
- There are private teachers and websites that will teach you any instrument that interests you.
4. Stream entertainment. You can stream more than just movies and Seinfeld reruns. There are musicals, plays, the ballet, old sporting events, and workout videos. There’s plenty out there to keep you educated and entertained.
5. Create a social media presence. Maybe you’re one of those people that’s turned your nose up at all the social media options. Or, perhaps you’re interested, but haven’t had the time to get serious about it. Now is your chance!
- You might become the next YouTube star!
- At the very least, you can connect with some people and enjoy some social interaction.
6. Start an online business. One thing you can do from the comfort of your home is start an online business. Build a website and see what happens. It could be a great boost to your income. Who wouldn’t like another income stream? Maybe you’ll never have to go back to your regular job!
7. Connect with a pen pal. There are websites that will connect you with a pen pal for free. Try writing to a few people and see what happens. You might make a great friend and have a free couch to sleep on when you visit Hong Kong someday.
8. Play games online. Do you like to play chess? Poker? Checkers? You can play just about any game online that you can think of. There are other people in the world that like to play the same games that you like to play. This can be a fun way to kill an hour.
- Just because you’re home alone doesn’t mean you can’t play a game. Just because the people in your home don’t like to play your games doesn’t mean you can’t play them anyway.
Use your creativity to make the best use of your time at home.
Think back to your childhood. Imagine being quarantined during that time. Being stuck at home today is a piece of cake by comparison. There are plenty of interesting things you can do from the comfort of your home. Try something new!