It’s easy to get caught up in planning your future.
Planning for a secure and happy future is an important undertaking, but too much attention to a time that is yet to come can greatly inhibit your ability to focus on the here and now.
Right now, at this very moment, you can begin to enjoy your everyday life that is currently flashing unnoticed right before your eyes. Let the future come naturally and live joyfully and willingly in the present moment!
Consider these five reasons that you should start living in the here and now:
- Each day, you grow older. Each day of your life has the ability to be monumental, but each day only happens once. Every moment of every day, you’re given a chance to make a lasting memory. Create a memory that you’ll be proud to share.
- Your fate is up to you. If you’re concerned about the future, you can start paving the road for it today. That road starts by living your life to the fullest degree at this very moment so you feel fulfilled in the years to come.
- You replace worry with contentment. With the future comes uncertainty. However, by focusing on today rather than your tomorrow, you’ll inherently stop worrying about what’s to come and focus on enjoying your reality.
- You get to know yourself. Your wants, needs, and interests are constantly evolving. If you’re wrapped up in planning for tomorrow, you may never truly get to know the person you are today.
- By defining yourself in the here and now, you’re able to truly figure out what you want. It’s common to be so deep into nurturing a plan for the future that you’ve created years ago without realizing that it’s far different than your ideal life.
- You spend more time with your loved ones. If you’re a parent, you know better than anyone that those precious moments disappear in a blink of an eye. One moment, you’re changing your first diaper. The next, you’re watching your children forge ahead on their own.
- Spending time with your children is obviously important, but devoting time to your spouse is even more so. When you do, you nurture your marital relationship to ensure that your significant other is feeling loved and cared for, which in turn, helps your children to feel that love as well.
- You experience all life has to offer. You only have one life to live. It’s important to maximize every moment by experiencing each moment to its fullest. Take advantage of the youth you have on your side now, before it’s too late to do it later.
- This is the time to be spontaneous. Take your family to a random, weekend vacation. Surprise your spouse with an adventurous trip on a hot air balloon or go kayaking with your friends. These are memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime!
Life is beautiful! It’s joyous and full of abundance. So many meaningful things happen in your everyday existence. However, if your mind is trapped in the future, all of these events will slip by before you’re even able to notice that they’re gone. Live in the now!